“Arborio rice is the key to this creamy pudding. The slow cooking allows the rice to become tender and absorb the honey & citrus flavors.” —Maria Regakis, Somerville, Massachusetts
- 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2/3 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup pistachios
- In a large saucepan, bring the milk, rice, sugar, 1/4 cup honey, orange peel and salt to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until rice is tender and pudding is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the vanilla, cinnamon and remaining honey. Serve warm or cold. Sprinkle with pistachios. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Orange Rice Pudding in Taste of Home April/May 2010, p77
Reviews for Honey-Orange Rice Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review