Honey-Orange Marinated Salmon
My husband is a commercial fisherman, so we have fish quite often. This easy recipe is one of my favorites. -Sonesa Lundmark of Sitka, Alaska
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry or apple juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 salmon fillet (1 pound)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven
- ingredients. Add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for
- 1 hour, turning several times.
- Line an 8-in. square baking dish with foil; coat the foil with
- cooking spray. Drain and discard marinade. Place salmon in prepared
- pan. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until fish flakes easily
- with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked salmon equals 238 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 261 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.