Honey Orange Glazed Carrots Recipe
These beautifully glazed carrots are colorful and dressed up enough for Christmas dinner. They have become such a favorite side dish that I often double the easy one-skillet recipe!
- 2 pounds baby carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh mint or minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place 1 in. of water in a skillet; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute green onions in butter until tender. Stir in the honey, orange peel, salt, cinnamon and pepper. Combine cornstarch and orange juice until smooth; stir into onion mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Return carrots to the pan. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with mint. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 133 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 295 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC