These beautifully glazed carrots are colorful and dressed up enough for Christmas dinner. They have become such a favorite side dish that I often double the easy one-skillet recipe!
- 2 pounds baby carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh mint or minced fresh parsley
- Place 1 in. of water in a skillet; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute green onions in butter until tender. Stir in the honey, orange peel, salt, cinnamon and pepper. Combine cornstarch and orange juice until smooth; stir into onion mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return carrots to the pan. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with mint. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Glazed Carrots in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p36
Reviews for Honey Orange Glazed Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review