Honey-Orange Chicken Wings
"These wings were my mom's recipe, and she served them hot as a main dish, but my dad loved them cold. I like to serve them as an appetizer, hot or cold," says Marie Schnerch of Winnipeg, Manitoba.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 6 whole chicken wings
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash garlic powder
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections.
- Brush wings with ketchup; coat with flour. Place in a shallow baking
- pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Brush some of the
- mixture over wings. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until chicken
- juices run clear, basting frequently with remaining orange juice
- mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 6 wings equals 533 calories, 22 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 586 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.