Honey-Orange Chicken and Pasta Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- Hot cooked linguine
- 1. In a large skillet, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons butter until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with the salt, paprika and pepper. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute onion in remaining butter until tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, ginger, nutmeg, orange juice and honey; gradually pour over onion. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add olives and chicken. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until chicken is heated through. Serve with linguine. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 330 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 857mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Honey-Orange Chicken and Pasta
"A neighbor served this recipe to us and we really enjoyed it. An added plus for DH is the lack of a red tomato base.Question: Is this a "Stand-Alone" type dish OR should a side dish be served with it? What should be served if a side dish is needed?"
"This recipe is packed with flavor! We omitted the olives.~ Theresa"
"My oldest daughter (she is my picky eater) and i loved this recipe. although my husband and youngest daughter didnt care for it as much"
"I didn't think this recipe was anything special. It definitely had good flavor. I omitted the olives and the onions and added cashews to it. This will probably be a one time thing."
"My family enjoyed this dish; however, they did point out that they would prefer more sauce (I'll double the sauce next time). They also stated they would like to try it with rice instead of linguine. I was absolutely surprised that my kids liked it, 13, 14, and 15 year-olds. Will include this recipe on the monthly menu for our family."
"I made this tonight. It was easy to make. My husband and I loved it. I will be making this again."