Honey-Orange Chicken and Pasta Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- Hot cooked linguine
- 1. In a large skillet, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons butter until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with the salt, paprika and pepper. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute onion in remaining butter until tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, ginger, nutmeg, orange juice and honey; gradually pour over onion. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add olives and chicken. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until chicken is heated through. Serve with linguine. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 330 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 857 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.