Honey-Orange Chicken and Pasta Recipe
This dish is elegant enough for company and tastes like you spent all day in the kitchen. With five children to keep up with, I look for recipes that are easy to prepare. They love this chicken and pasta meal, with its honey orange sauce. I use citrus fruits and juices often in cooking since citrus is plentiful here in Southern California.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- Hot cooked linguine
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons butter until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with the salt, paprika and pepper. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute onion in remaining butter until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, ginger, nutmeg, orange juice and honey; gradually pour over onion. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add olives and chicken. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until chicken is heated through. Serve with linguine. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Honey Orange Chicken in Country April/May 2006, p49
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Honey-Orange Chicken and Pasta(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2012
This recipe is packed with flavor! We omitted the olives.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >