Honey-Orange Chicken and Pasta Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- Hot cooked linguine
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons butter until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with the salt, paprika and pepper. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute onion in remaining butter until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, ginger, nutmeg, orange juice and honey; gradually pour over onion. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add olives and chicken. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until chicken is heated through. Serve with linguine. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Honey-Orange Chicken and Pasta
Sort By :
"A neighbor served this recipe to us and we really enjoyed it. An added plus for DH is the lack of a red tomato base.Question: Is this a "Stand-Alone" type dish OR should a side dish be served with it? What should be served if a side dish is needed?"
"This recipe is packed with flavor! We omitted the olives.~ Theresa"
"My oldest daughter (she is my picky eater) and i loved this recipe. although my husband and youngest daughter didnt care for it as much"
"Fairly quick and produces a sweet tasting pasta dish."
"I made this dish with rice instead of pasta, and I used tofu instead of chicken. It was delicious. I added a bit more black pepper, and a tiny amount of red pepper, to make it more spicy. I will definitely make it again. It was really easy to make, and very tasty!"