Honey-of-a-Meal Chicken Recipe
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1. In a pressure cooker, brown chicken breasts in oil in batches. Set chicken aside. Saute onion in the drippings until tender. Stir in the broth, mustard and pepper. Return chicken to the pan. Close cover securely according to manufacturer's directions.
- 2. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 8 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion or release of steam; adjust heat if needed.) Immediately cool according to manufacturer's directions until pressure is completely reduced. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- 3. Stir honey into sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast with about 2 tablespoons sauce equals 314 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 433 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 38 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.