"I've made these muffins many times because they taste so good," pens Audrey Carr from Powell, Ohio. "Not only are they extremely easy to throw together, but they're well received whenever I serve them."
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine egg, milk, oil and honey. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in raisins and walnuts if desired.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Honey Oat Muffins in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p55
Reviews for Honey Oat Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review