Honey-Oat Granola Bars Recipe
I found this recipe on one of our monthly Brown County REA newsletters. My husband and I eat a few of these bars each day. It’s a basic recipe to which you can add any of your favorite flavors…coconut, chocolate or different flavored chips, nuts or dried fruits.
- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, peanuts, chocolate chips and sunflower kernels. Stir in butter, honey and vanilla until combined (mixture will be crumbly). Press into a greased parchment paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake 15-20 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Cool 15 minutes on a wire rack; cut into squares. Cool completely before removing from pan. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 bar equals 167 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC