- 4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, peanuts, chocolate chips and sunflower kernels. Stir in butter, honey and vanilla until combined (mixture will be crumbly). Press into a greased parchment paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Cool 15 minutes on a wire rack; cut into squares. Cool completely before removing from pan. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Honey-Oat Granola Bars
Sort By :
"Anything with oats and honey in the recipe gets my attention, so I had to try these. Good job. Please fix the recipe, though. These two sentences don't make sense together: "Cool 15 minutes on a wire rack; cut into squares. Cool completely before removing from pan.""
"I made this with my daughter and am very happy with the finished product. She enjoyed helping me in the kitchen. I omitted the nuts and the sunflower kernels because I didn't have any on hand. It is a bit sweet for my taste, but my kids approve. I baked for 20 minutes and cooled in the freezer. I think next time I will experiment with less brown sugar and other ingredients, such as dried fruit. Overall, great recipe and I will be making it again."
"Absolutely delicious. They came out perfectly!"
"When I tried these, they did not hold together. Maybe they did not cook long enough? It tasted good and made a good ice cream topping but I won't try them again."
"I tried this, and thought it needed more cooking time, but I was wrong. Mine were dry and had nothing to do with the recipe. I will try it again and this time follow the directions to a tee."