- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 eggs
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, pour boiling water over cereal. Add butter, honey and salt. Let stand until mixture cools to 110°-115°, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add eggs, oat mixture and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky). Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 55 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. round baking dish. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes before removing from baking dish to a wire rack to cool. Cut into wedges. Yield: 1 loaf (12 wedges).
Reviews for Honey-Oat Casserole Bread
Sort By :
"Very good batter bread recipe. I baked it in my cast iron Dutch oven and served it with vegetable soup."
"this is so delicious! Easy! Dosnyone know the pizza recipe from that same magazine? again so delicious!"
"Easy to make into 2 loaves of bread. I used a bread machine to make the dough and added about 4 1/2-5 cups of flour total to get the dough to the right consistency. Great for sandwich bread as it slices nicely and is soft."
"very good and simple to make! i was pleased with the results!"
"This is my family's favorite bread recipe. I've made it in loaf pans but think it turns out better in the round baking dish."