Honey-Oat Casserole Bread Recipe
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 eggs
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, pour boiling water over cereal. Add butter, honey and salt. Let stand until mixture cools to 110°-115°, stirring occasionally.
- 2. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add eggs, oat mixture and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky). Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 55 minutes.
- 3. Punch dough down. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. round baking dish. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Preheat oven to 375°. Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes before removing from baking dish to a wire rack to cool. Cut into wedges. Yield: 1 loaf (12 wedges).
2 slice: 455 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 494mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Honey-Oat Casserole Bread
"this is so delicious! Easy! Dosnyone know the pizza recipe from that same magazine? again so delicious!"
"very good and simple to make! i was pleased with the results!"
"This is my family's favorite bread recipe. I've made it in loaf pans but think it turns out better in the round baking dish."
"I'm just wondering if this can be made in loaf pans?"