Honey Oat Bread
"Of all the breads I make, this is my husband's favorite," writes Marilyn Smith from Green Bay, Wisconsin. The subtle honey and oat flavor makes it perfect for toast or sandwiches...or as a side with a hot bowl of soup.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup water (80° to 90°)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/4 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons bread machine or quick-rise yeast
- In a small bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order
- suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Bake
- according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes
- of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Yield: 1 loaf (3/4 pound, 8 slices).
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested in a West Bend brand Just for Dinner bread machine. This machine makes a 3/4-pound loaf. Recipe should not be doubled for use in a larger machine.
Nutritional Facts: 2 slices equals 203 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.