Honey Oat Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup water (80° to 90°)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons bread machine or quick-rise yeast
- In a small bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (3/4 pound, 8 slices).
Reviews for Honey Oat Bread(4)
Sort By :
I don't have the same bread maker so I set it on 1lb and light color. The crust was a little hard but it had good flavor. Next time I will try doubling it that might help the crust not be so hard. It was not really enough for a family of four. The flavor was good and my daughter who is 7 loved it my husband asked me to make another loaf!
I was requested to make it a second time. It was great toasted.
This recipe is for the 3/4 lb West Bend Just for Dinner Breadmachine (which I would love to have but don't need). The dough will knead, rise and bake all in 45 minutes.
I am assuming you did NOT DOUBLE the yeast. Fast rising or bread machine yeast MUST be used in your bread maker for best results in the 45-minute cycle.
Nice for a change. It is not overly sweet, and it is easy to make. I actually doubled it for my bread machine, and it worked!