Honey-Nut Swirls Recipe
Puff pastry creates a quick and easy "dough" for pretty, pinwheel-type cookies featuring two types of nuts. The flakey treats are hard to resist.—Sally Sibthorpe, Shelby Township, Michigan
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons turbinado (washed raw) sugar or granulated sugar
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll into a 12-in. x 9-in. rectangle.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, pistachios, brown sugar, butter, honey, cinnamon and salt. Spread over pastry to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style. Cut into 1/2-in. slices.
- 3. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Brush with cream and sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 141 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Honey-Nut Swirls
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC