Honey-Nut Christmas Cookies Recipe
My sons, Aaron and Zach, adore these at Christmastime and like to warm them in the microwave before they eat them. They’re well worth the time they take. —Glenda Herz, Lawrence, Nebraska
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup honey, divided
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Place flour in a large bowl. Cut in cold butter and cream cheese until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Shape into two disks; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. Preheat oven to 325°. Place sugar and 1 cup pecans in a food processor; cover and process until pecans are finely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in 1/3 cup honey, butter and cinnamon.
- 3. On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place a teaspoonful of filling on the center of half of the circles; top with remaining circles. Press edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining dough.
- 4. Transfer to greased baking sheets. Brush with remaining honey and sprinkle with remaining pecans. Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC