My sons, Aaron and Zach, adore these at Christmastime and like to warm them in the microwave before they eat them. They’re well worth the time they take. —Glenda Herz, Lawrence, Nebraska
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup honey, divided
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place flour in a large bowl. Cut in cold butter and cream cheese until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Shape into two disks; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place sugar and 1 cup pecans in a food processor; cover and process until pecans are finely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in 1/3 cup honey, butter and cinnamon.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place a teaspoonful of filling on the center of half of the circles; top with remaining circles. Press edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Transfer to greased baking sheets. Brush with remaining honey and sprinkle with remaining pecans. Bake 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Honey-Nut Christmas Cookies in Simple & Delicious October/November 2012, p36
Reviews for Honey-Nut Christmas Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review