- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup honey, divided
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place the flour in a large bowl. Cut in cold butter and cream cheese until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Shape into two disks; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Place sugar and 1 cup pecans in a food processor; cover and process until pecans are finely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in 1/3 cup honey, butter and cinnamon.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place a teaspoonful of filling on the center of half of the circles; top with remaining circles. Press edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Transfer to greased baking sheets. Brush with remaining honey and sprinkle with remaining pecans. Bake at 325° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Honey-Nut Christmas Cookies
Sort By :
I made this cookie, as one of several this year, for family and friends. It was the hit of the cookie bunch! Everyone remarked how good they were and were something different from the usual sugar cookie. My brother actually offered my some of his Christmas money to bake him some more!
Thank you Glenda for this wonderful recipe!! I look forward to making it every year from now on!
A delicious cookie "Honey-Nut Christmas Cookies"! Will create a favorite at each time they are prepared! YUM!
sounds really good. will make soon.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >