Honey-Nut Christmas Cookies Recipe
My sons, Aaron and Zach, adore these at Christmastime and like to warm them in the microwave before they eat them. They’re well worth the time they take. —Glenda Herz, Lawrence, Nebraska
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, divided
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup honey, divided
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place the flour in a large bowl. Cut in cold butter and cream cheese until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Shape into two disks; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- Place sugar and 1 cup pecans in a food processor; cover and process until pecans are finely chopped. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in 1/3 cup honey, butter and cinnamon.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place a teaspoonful of filling on the center of half of the circles; top with remaining circles. Press edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Transfer to greased baking sheets. Brush with remaining honey and sprinkle with remaining pecans. Bake at 325° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Honey-Nut Christmas Cookies in Simple & Delicious October/November 2012, p36
Reviews for Honey-Nut Christmas Cookies(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >