Honey-Nut Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1-1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients until smooth; set aside. In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry celery and carrots in 2 teaspoons oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry chicken in remaining oil until no longer pink.
- Return vegetables to the pan. Stir orange juice mixture and gradually add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with nuts. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Honey-Nut Chicken Stir-Fry
Sort By :
This recipe was kind of lacking in flavor, and there was too much celery in it.