Honey-Nut Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1-1/2 cups sliced carrots
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients until smooth; set aside. In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry celery and carrots in 2 teaspoons oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry chicken in remaining oil until no longer pink.
- Return vegetables to the pan. Stir orange juice mixture and gradually add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with nuts. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Nut Chicken Stir-Fry in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p23
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Honey-Nut Chicken Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2011
This recipe was kind of lacking in flavor, and there was too much celery in it.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stir Fry >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >