Honey-Nut Breakfast Twists Recipe
Nothing is as wonderful as warm bread from the oven. This is the perfect tasting breakfast for a special morning.—Holly Baird, Zurich, Montana
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons honey, warmed
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1. In a bowl, combine yeast and water; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in sugar, salt and butter. Add sour cream and egg; beat until smooth. Add 1-1/2 cups flour; blend at low speed until moistened. Beat 3 minutes at medium speed, scraping bowl twice. By hand, stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- 2. Turn out onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Combine glaze ingredients; spread evenly in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside.
- 3. Punch dough down. Roll into a 24-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Combine filling ingredients; spread over dough. Fold dough lengthwise over filling, forming a 12-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. pieces. Twist each piece loosely and place over glaze in baking dish. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Invert pan onto a large platter; let set 1 minute before removing. Serve warm or refrigerate overnight. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 653 calories, 33g fat (19g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 633mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Honey-Nut Breakfast Twists
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC