Honey-Nut Apples Recipe
When apples are ripe for the picking, you're bound to get many requests for this tempting treat. It's a fun, festive way to bring a fall feel to your table. The recipe can be easily doubled. So it's the ideal dish...no matter how many folks you're feeding.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large baking apples, thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon until blended.
- 2. Add apples and walnuts. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from the heat and drizzle with honey. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup: 234 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 61mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Honey-Nut Apples
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC