Honey-Nut Apples Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large baking apples, thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon until blended.
- 2. Add apples and walnuts. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from the heat and drizzle with honey. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 234 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Honey-Nut Apples
"Honestly, I don't remember making this, but I found notes in my Taste of Home book which said that it was "Easy to make" and "Made the house smell heavenly". I'll have to try it again soon. Sounds like a wonderful fall dessert."