When apples are ripe for the picking, you're bound to get many requests for this tempting treat. It's a fun, festive way to bring a fall feel to your table. The recipe can be easily doubled. So it's the ideal dish...no matter how many folks you're feeding.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large baking apples, thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar
- and cinnamon. Add apples and walnuts. Cook, stirring occasionally,
- for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat and drizzle
- with honey. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 234 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein.