Honey-Nut Apples Recipe
When apples are ripe for the picking, you're bound to get many requests for this tempting treat. It's a fun, festive way to bring a fall feel to your table. The recipe can be easily doubled. So it's the ideal dish...no matter how many folks you're feeding.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large baking apples, thickly sliced
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. Add apples and walnuts. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat and drizzle with honey. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Nut Apples in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 1997, p9
Reviews for Honey-Nut Apples(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2012
Honestly, I don't remember making this, but I found notes in my Taste of Home book which said that it was "Easy to make" and "Made the house smell heavenly". I'll have to try it again soon. Sounds like a wonderful fall dessert.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Cobbler >
- Apple Crisp Recipes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Crisps & Cobblers >
- Desserts >
- Fruit Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >