I love serving impressive desserts that look like you spent hours in the kitchen when, in reality, they're really easy to make. This is one of those recipes. —Cheryl Lundquist, Wake Forest, North Carolina
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 cup spreadable honey nut cream cheese
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 package (16 ounces, 14x9-inch sheets) frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 13x9-in. baking pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar until blended. Stir in walnuts.
- Unroll phyllo dough; trim to fit into pan. Layer 20 sheets of phyllo in prepared pan, spritzing each with cooking spray. Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.
- Spread with half of the walnut mixture. Layer with five more phyllo sheets, spritzing each with cooking spray. Spread remaining walnut mixture over phyllo. Top with remaining phyllo sheets, spritzing each with cooking spray.
- Cut into 1-1/2-in. diamonds. Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine water, honey and remaining sugar; bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Pour over warm baklava.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Honey Nut & Cream Cheese Baklava in Simple & Delicious October/November 2013, p40
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Honey Nut & Cream Cheese Baklava
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review