Honey Nut & Cream Cheese Baklava Recipe
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 cup spreadable honey nut cream cheese
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 package (16 ounces, 14x9-inch sheets) frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 13x9-in. baking pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar until blended. Stir in walnuts.
- 2. Unroll phyllo dough; trim to fit into pan. Layer 20 sheets of phyllo in prepared pan, spritzing each with cooking spray. Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.
- 3. Spread with half of the walnut mixture. Layer with five more phyllo sheets, spritzing each with cooking spray. Spread remaining walnut mixture over phyllo. Top with remaining phyllo sheets, spritzing each with cooking spray.
- 4. Cut into 1-1/2-in. diamonds. Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine water, honey and remaining sugar; bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Pour over warm baklava.
- 5. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 piece: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Honey Nut & Cream Cheese Baklava
"This is a great Dish ...Try it you will love it....PATTY IN CINN,OHIO"
"I admit I was skeptical of making without any reviews but tried it anyway, and it is very good. I have never worked with phyllo dough before so mine didnt turn out as pretty as the picture. Next time I will make sure I have enough cooking spray and will follow directions for working with the dough more closely. I also seemed to not have enough of the filling to do a second layer so just made a thicker first layer and then just added more phyllo dough (5 sheets, very thin) to the top"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.