Honey-Mustard Turkey Salad Recipe
Bring home holiday flavors any day of the week by tossing together this entree salad from our Test Kitchen. Homemade dressing, healthy greens, apples and cheese complement pecan-coated turkey breast slices.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/3 cups ground pecans
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (16 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 3 medium tart apples, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 cups salad croutons
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1. For dressing, in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, honey, vinegar, 2 teaspoons mustard, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt; shake well. Set aside.
- 2. Place 3 tablespoons flour in a shallow bowl. In a second bowl, combine the egg whites, water and remaining mustard. In a third bowl, combine the pecans and remaining salt and flour. Coat turkey with flour; dip into mustard mixture, then coat with pecan mixture.
- 3. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook turkey in butter in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Keep warm.
- 4. In a large bowl, combine the greens, apples, onion and croutons. Shake dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Divide among salad bowls. Cut turkey into thin slices; arrange over salads. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Yield: 7 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC