Bring home holiday flavors any day of the week by tossing together this entree salad from our Test Kitchen. Homemade dressing, healthy greens, apples and cheese complement pecan-coated turkey breast slices.
Featured In: 30 Fall Harvest Salads
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/3 cups ground pecans
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (16 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 3 medium tart apples, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 cups salad croutons
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- For dressing, in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, honey, vinegar, 2 teaspoons mustard, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt; shake well. Set aside.
- Place 3 tablespoons flour in a shallow bowl. In a second bowl, combine the egg whites, water and remaining mustard. In a third bowl, combine the pecans and remaining salt and flour. Coat turkey with flour; dip into mustard mixture, then coat with pecan mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook turkey in butter in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Keep warm.
- In a large bowl, combine the greens, apples, onion and croutons. Shake dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Divide among salad bowls. Cut turkey into thin slices; arrange over salads. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Mustard Turkey Salad in Country Woman December/January 2008, p39
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Honey-Mustard Turkey Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review