Honey-Mustard Turkey Salad Recipe
Bring home holiday flavors any day of the week by tossing together this entree salad from our Test Kitchen. Homemade dressing, healthy greens, apples and cheese complement pecan-coated turkey breast slices.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/3 cups ground pecans
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (16 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 3 medium tart apples, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 cups salad croutons
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- For dressing, in a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, honey, vinegar, 2 teaspoons mustard, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt; shake well. Set aside.
- Place 3 tablespoons flour in a shallow bowl. In a second bowl, combine the egg whites, water and remaining mustard. In a third bowl, combine the pecans and remaining salt and flour. Coat turkey with flour; dip into mustard mixture, then coat with pecan mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook turkey in butter in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Keep warm.
- In a large bowl, combine the greens, apples, onion and croutons. Shake dressing and pour over salad; toss to coat. Divide among salad bowls. Cut turkey into thin slices; arrange over salads. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Mustard Turkey Salad in Country Woman December/January 2008, p39
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Honey-Mustard Turkey Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Salad Recipes >
- Honey Mustard Dressing >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >