Honey-Mustard Turkey Meatballs Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 tablespoon Dijon mustard, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1-1/4 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, cracker crumbs, cheese, onion, ginger and 3 tablespoons mustard. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 30 (1-in.) balls.
- 2. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear; drain.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and onion powder. Stir in pineapple juice until smooth. Add pepper and honey. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in remaining mustard until smooth.
- 4. Brush meatballs with about 1/4 cup sauce and bake 10 minutes longer. Serve remaining sauce as a dip for meatballs. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
3 meatballs equals 187 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 364 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Honey-Mustard Turkey Meatballs
"I made this recipe the year that I saw it in TOH magazine. My family loved it! I made it exactly according to the recipe, and then...I lost my magazine! I'm SO glad to have this delicious recipe in my hands again. It's a great main dish, served with rice, or an equally delicious appetizer."