Honey-Mustard Steamed Carrots
This recipe comes from my husband's grandmother. It is "the" veggie side dish to be served at Thanksgiving.—Kim Joregensen, Coulee City, Washington
4-5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3-1/2 cups sliced or baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- In a saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil; place carrots in a
- steamer basket over water. Cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. In a saucepan, combine the oil, honey, syrup and
- mustard; bring to a boil. Stir in carrots and parsley. Yield: 4-5
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 112 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 107 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.