Honey-Mustard Sprouts Recipe
- 10 fresh or frozen brussels sprouts, halved
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash each onion powder and dill weed
- 1. Trim the brussels sprouts and cut an X in the core of each. Place in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 8-12 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the butter, honey, mustard, onion powder and dill. Drizzle over sprouts; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
One 3/4 cup serving equals 125 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Honey-Mustard Sprouts
"Quick & easy! I'm always looking for new recipes for Brussels sprouts. This is definitely a new favorite!"
"These were so good. I had to make them twice as I ate all of the first one."
"These are great, my family loves brussel sprouts and these sure are a keeper."