"I like to make these special brussels sprouts when I need a fast dressed-up vegetable side dish," writes Karen Haen of Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. "The recipe is sized perfectly for a dinner for my husband, Gene, and me. And it's easy to triple when we're expecting guests."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 10 fresh or frozen brussels sprouts, halved
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash each onion powder and dill weed
- Trim the brussels sprouts and cut an X in the core of each. Place in
- a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to
- a boil. Cover and cook for 8-12 minutes or until crisp-tender;
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, honey, mustard, onion powder and
- dill. Drizzle over sprouts; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 3/4 cup serving equals 125 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.