Honey-Mustard Root Salad Recipe
"When I discovered I didn't have enough carrots for a shredded carrot salad, I improvised by adding parsnips, a leek and red pepper," writes Carolyn Smith, Kalamazoo, Michigan. "Since this dish travels well, I took it to a holiday dinner. Now, the first thing I hear when I walk in the door at family gatherings is, "Did you bring the salad?'"
- 1 large leek (white portion only), cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2-1/2 cups shredded parsnips (about 5 medium)
- 2-1/2 cups shredded carrot (about 5 medium)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute leek in 2 teaspoons oil for 4 minutes. Add the parsnips, carrots and red pepper; saute 5-7 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and remaining oil; shake well. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Mustard Root Salad in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p6
Reviews for Honey-Mustard Root Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Salads >