Honey Mustard Pork Recipe
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked long grain and wild rice, optional
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork in oil on all sides. Add 1/2 cup broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until meat is tender. Remove pork with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- 2. Stir in the honey, mustard and remaining broth. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return pork to the pan; heat through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
3 ounces cooked pork with 1/4 cup sauce (calculated without rice) equals 242 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.