Honey-Mustard Pork Roast Recipe
Family and friends are surprised when I tell them this impressive-looking roast is easy to prepare. I simply marinate the roast a few hours, then pop it in the oven. While it bakes, I whip up the sauce to serve alongside. —Grace Brennfleck, Clairton, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. + marinating Bake: 55 min. + standing YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1-1/2 cups beer or ginger ale
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 16 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup minced fresh rosemary, or 4 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 to 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the beer, mustard, honey, oil, garlic and rosemary. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add the roast. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from pork. Place roast on a rack in a roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55 to 65 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before carving.
- 3. Place reserved marinade in a small saucepan. Add cream and pan drippings if desired. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until reduced. Serve with sliced pork. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC