"I started using this recipe when my girls were little," Angela Lott says of these moist pork chops and sweet sauce. "I grilled everything because it allowed me to be outside watching children play in the pool," relateds the Neshanic Station, New Jersey cook.
- 1 cup beer or ginger ale
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork chops. Seal bag turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Set aside 1/2 cup of the remaining marinade for basting and 3/4 cup for serving; cover and refrigerate.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pork, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. over heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°, basting occasionally with 1/2 cup marinade. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Mustard Pork Chops in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p22
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Honey-Mustard Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 17, 2012
"Super moist and awesome flavor"