Honey Mustard Loaf Recipe
Rave reviews will come your way when you present this golden bread. For a flavorful variation, I sometimes add 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano and thyme to the dough.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 45 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric, optional
- 3 to 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 1 egg, honey, mustard, butter, salt, turmeric if desired and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; shape into a loaf. Place in a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 4. Beat remaining egg; brush over top. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Cover loosely with foil. Bake 15-17 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 124 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 242 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC