- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric, optional
- 3 to 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 1 egg, honey, mustard, butter, salt, turmeric if desired and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; shape into a loaf. Place in a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Beat remaining egg; brush over top. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Cover loosely with foil. Bake 15-17 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as Honey Mustard Loaf in Best of Country Breads 2000, p69
Reviews for Honey Mustard Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2010
"Could not taste the honey or the mustard. Needed more honey mustard on the sandwich, but had a good texture."