Honey-Mustard Grilled Trout
This easy-to-prepare dish is a favorite with Charlene Cronin's family. "We like the honey-mustard sauce so much, I make a double batch and keep some in the fridge to use as a dressing," she reports from Kenner, Louisiana.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 large onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 6 trout fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Using long-handled
- tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the
- grill rack. Place onions cut side down on grill rack with sides
- touching. Arrange fillets on onion slices.
- Cover and grill over medium-hot heat or broil for 4 in. from the heat
- for 5 minutes. Baste with mustard mixture. Cook 5-6 minutes longer
- or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting frequently. Discard
- onion slices. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One trout fillet equals 295 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon