This easy-to-prepare dish is a favorite with Charlene Cronin's family. "We like the honey-mustard sauce so much, I make a double batch and keep some in the fridge to use as a dressing," she reports from Kenner, Louisiana.
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 large onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 6 trout fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place onions cut side down on grill rack with sides touching. Arrange fillets on onion slices.
- Cover and grill over medium-hot heat or broil for 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes. Baste with mustard mixture. Cook 5-6 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting frequently. Discard onion slices. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Mustard Grilled Trout in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p11
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Honey-Mustard Grilled Trout
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2008
"Tried this for dinner tonite. Substituted ready made honey-mustard. I'm not a fan of trout but this sure was delicious! J.M."