Honey-Mustard Chicken Spinach Salad
“This is a variation on a recipe I found in a magazine for those with diabetes.” Serve with whole grain bread for a tasty meal. —Mary Beth Bond, Washington, Kansas
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup fat-free honey Dijon salad dressing
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded smoked Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, grapes, water chestnuts, lemon
- peel and pepper. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Divide spinach
- between two plates; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese
- and walnuts. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 323 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 473 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a