- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped water chestnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup fat-free honey Dijon salad dressing
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded smoked Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, grapes, water chestnuts, lemon peel and pepper. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Divide spinach between two plates; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and walnuts. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Honey-Mustard Chicken Spinach Salad
Sort By :
"The only change I made to the original recipe was to mix some romaine lettuce with the baby spinach to give the salad a little extra crunch. Don't overlook the lemon peel as this really sets off a wonderful citrus note with this tasty blend of flavors. For those who might like even more protein, some chopped egg would be wonderful in this mix. By the way, the recipe makes for two huge servings. The refrigerated leftovers were still great the next day."