Honey-Mustard Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 sandwich buns, split
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 8 thin tomato slices
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Broil chicken 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, brushing occasionally with mustard mixture. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Honey-Mustard Chicken Sandwiches(11)
Sort By :
I've made this several times by marinating the chicken in the sauce as written for several hours and either grilled or cooked on top of stove. Serve as meat entree without making into sandwiches. Delicious and very moist. My husband is not a chicken fan, but likes this a lot. You can add leftover, cut up chicken to green salads for easy summer meals.
My daughter and I just loved these sandwiches! I love the fact that they're so easy to make and that they taste so delicious that it's no problem to make them ahead of time on the weekend and eat them all week long!
We really liked this recipe. I cooked the chicken & the sauce separately & just let each person put the sauce on if they wanted it. We did leave the oregano out since we don't care for it. Will definately make this again.
Fantastic flavor. We enjoyed every bite!!
We all loved these! My kids don't like dijon mustard and they still loved these sandwiches! I will be making these a lot this summer and will try grilling the chicken to see the difference. I did toast the buns and didn't use any additional condiments other than the lettuce/tomato on the sandwich. The marinade gives it plenty of flavor if you continue to baste them. This is a great quick main dish!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >