Honey-Mustard Chicken Sandwiches
"Honey-Mustard Chicken Sandwiches are homemade 'fast food' that's more delicious than the kind you go out to pick up," assures Christina Levrant of Henderson, Nevada
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 sandwich buns, split
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 8 thin tomato slices
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Broil chicken 4
- in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a meat
- thermometer reads 170°, brushing occasionally with mustard
- mixture. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 391 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 813 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat.