The marinating of the chicken adds so much extra flavor to the recipe. You can choose any lettuce you want to serve this wonderful chicken on.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Recommended: 30 Salad Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 6 cups torn mixed greens
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Combine mustard, 4 tablespoons of oil, water, honey, lemon juice and pepper. Place chicken in a shallow glass dish; add half of the marinade. Reserve the remaining marinade. Cover and refrigerate chicken for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally. Drain chicken and discard marinade. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in the remaining oil for 5-7 minutes per side or until browned and juices run clear. Arrange the greens, tomatoes, mushrooms and onions on four salad plates. Slice chicken; arrange over salads. In a saucepan, bring reserved marinade to a boil and boil for 2 minutes. Spoon over salads; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Mustard Chicken Salad in Birds & Blooms April/May 1996, p55
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Honey-Mustard Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review