- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 6 cups torn mixed greens
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Combine mustard, 4 tablespoons of oil, water, honey, lemon juice and pepper. Place chicken in a shallow glass dish; add half of the marinade. Reserve the remaining marinade. Cover and refrigerate chicken for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally. Drain chicken and discard marinade. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in the remaining oil for 5-7 minutes per side or until browned and juices run clear. Arrange the greens, tomatoes, mushrooms and onions on four salad plates. Slice chicken; arrange over salads. In a saucepan, bring reserved marinade to a boil and boil for 2 minutes. Spoon over salads; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Honey-Mustard Chicken Salad in Birds & Blooms April/May 1996, p55
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Honey-Mustard Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review