- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 small zucchini
- 4 small yellow squash
- 2 medium sweet red peppers
- 4 ounces small fresh mushrooms
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Cut the chicken, squash and peppers into 1-in. pieces. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread chicken and vegetables.
- In a small saucepan, combine glaze ingredients; bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Grill kabobs over hot heat for 10 minutes, turning often. Brush with glaze; grill 5 minutes more or until the chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Honey-Mustard Chicken Kabobs
Sort By :
This is the best kabob recipe I have come across, bar none. Guests will thank you for giving them this scrumptious recipe when they leave. Excellent summer meal for dinners on the deck!!!