I get bored with the same old chicken, so I came up with this simple recipe. The coating adds fast flavor to tender chicken cooked on the stovetop. —Laura Theofilis, Leonardtown, Maryland
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine
- bread crumbs and 1 teaspoon of mustard. In another shallow bowl,
- combine honey and remaining mustard. Dip chicken in honey-mustard
- mixture, then coat with crumbs.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook chicken over medium heat in butter for
- 4-6 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat margarine) equals 338 calories, 583 mg sodium, 73 mg cholesterol, 34 gm carbohydrate, 31 gm protein, 9 gm fat, 1 gm fiber. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.