Honey Mustard Carrots
Wonderful color and flavor make fresh carrots a standout side dish. Trisha Kruse - Eagle, Idaho
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 packages (10 ounces each) julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Pour over carrots; heat through.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 125 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 259 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.