These basic muffins from the National Honey Board become extraordinary with the addition of honey and orange juice. The moist morsels are terrific for breakfast or snacking.—National Honey Board, Mary R Humann, Longmont, Colorado
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda
- and salt; set aside. In a bowl, beat eggs. Add honey, orange juice,
- butter and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until
- Fill 12 greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for
- 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 197 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 333 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.