Put the taste of summer in your salad! Loaded with juicy cantaloupe and honeydew and glazed with a sweet honey dressing, this will be gone in minutes. Watermelon is a great addition, too.
Featured In: 30 Recipes for Summer Salads
- 6 cups cubed cantaloupe (about 1 medium)
- 6 cups cubed honeydew (about 1 medium)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or mint
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, optional
- In a large bowl, combine cantaloupe and honeydew. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. In a small bowl, whisk honey, lemon juice, paprika, salt and pepper. Pour over melons just before serving; toss to coat. Stir in basil and, if desired, dried cranberries. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Honey-Melon Salad with Basil in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p220
Reviews for Honey-Melon Salad with Basil
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review