Honey-Marinated Chicken Recipe
My family can't get enough of this finger-lickin'-good chicken, and I often double the recipe. The sauce can also be used when grilling chicken. —Harriet Lusch, Muncie, Indiana
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup sherry or apple juice
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3 to 4 pounds each), cut up
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add chicken; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Honey-Marinated Chicken
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2011
"Made as instructed (using apple juice) and the only flavor that came through was the soy sauce. Couldn't discern honey at all. Disappointed."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC