My family can't get enough of this finger-lickin'-good chicken, and I often double the recipe. The sauce can also be used when grilling chicken.
—Harriet Lusch, Muncie, Indiana
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Bake: 1 hour
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup sherry or apple juice
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3 to 4 pounds each), cut up
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven
- ingredients. Add chicken; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1-2
- Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken in two greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or
- until juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.